Judging Support SystemCo-development with FIG
AI and 3D Sensing Technology for Supporting Fair Judgement
The International Gymnastics Federation and Fujitsu have been collaborating on building Judging Support System for Artistic Gymnastics competitions since 2017
What is Judging Support System(JSS)?
4 steps to use JSS
STEP1Capturing 3D DataCapture 3D data of gymnasts' performance markers
STEP2Skeleton RecognitionAI analyses the position of athletes’ joints and tracks the movement of the human body
STEP3Data MatchingAI recognizes the performed elements and checks them with the element’s dictionary(database)
STEP4-1Multi-Angle ViewDisplay the performance in 360 degrees to check the angles and distances of each element
STEP4-2Element RecognitionDisplay the D-score as well as the name of performed elements, symbol marks, etc.
Watch JSS Video
3 Usage Scenarios
Judging"Support" - JudgesJudging Support
With 360 degrees 3DCG data
Training"Perform" - GymnastsSame system as the World
Championships for training
Contents"View" - SpectatorsEnriching contents with 3D data
New viewing experience for fans
Official Use of Judging Support System at FIG Competitions
49th FIG Artistic Gymnastics World Championships Stuttgart 2019
Multi-angle view function was used.
World Championships in 2019
2020 Friendship and Solidarity Competition in Tokyo
Element recognition function for vault was used.
FIG announces Friendship and Solidarity Competition in Tokyo on 8 November
To Improve Your Skills
JSS to assist coaches and gymnasts in perfecting their skills
- Same system as the World Championships for training
- Judges’ scoring points can be checked
- Displaying the images for detailed angles such as leg openings with numeric data
It is up to you to make up different ways to use JSS
- Incorporate IT into your gymnastics training
Future Usage of JSS for Gymnastics Fans!
For Gymnastics Fans
Here are some tips to make it more fun in the future:
- Learn gymnastics elements with JSS animation
- Check the elements with a multi-angle view after the performance to see the details
- In case of difficulty in watching performances at the competition site, check with JSS instead
- Replay the performed elements on TV to check the details
Show your performance to gymnastics fans in a new way:
- Engage and captivate your audience with the hybrid of actual and digital performances using JSS
- Your fans will understand the greatness and complexity of your performance through JSS
JSS brings new experiences to gymnastics fans, and it will contribute to increasing the number of them.
Our 3 Goals to the Further Development of the Gymnastics
- Global expansion of Judging Support System (JSS) to reinforce the fairness of judging
- Improving athletic performance and providing greater safety using IT in training
- Using JSS data for TV broadcasting or the sports presentation at the venue